According to Ms Nikoletta Ispánki, Country Manager at IWG, the pandemic has amplified an already growing trend whereby employers and employees are looking for office solutions that are flexible, and by that we don't mean the variability of office space…
- What are the trends in the office market today? Unfortunately, it's obvious that we can't get around the Covid issue...
- It would be easy to assume that the shift we’re seeing in the way people work, away from a shared physical environment to wherever is most convenient and productive, has been driven entirely by the Covid-19 pandemic. But that assumption would be wrong. The pandemic has certainly a dramatic and permanent effect, but it’s merely accelerated a trend that’s been underway for several years, as organisations progressively move to a ‘hybrid’ way of working: at home, a local office and occasionally at corporate HQ.
- What does the serviced office market look like, for whom can this be a solution?
- The pandemic has had a dramatic impact in accelerating the changes in the way in which are all working, but now companies of all sizes are indicating that hybrid work is here for the long term. Whilst, the pandemic has created challenges for all of us within the sector, we are facing a bright future on the long term. The agreement with NTT comes closely on the heels of IWG’s previous biggest ever deal with financial services organisation, Standard Chartered for 95,000 employees as well as global agreements signed in the past week with multiple large enterprises. These innovative deals reinforce IWG’s leadership position in the hybrid workspace industry, where the business is supporting workers from all industries with every type of hybrid work solution.
- Do you think the triumph of the home office will continue?
- The pandemic has proved for many industries and organisations that working from home can be just as productive as working from an office. However, it’s also highlighted that it’s not for everyone and for most workers they are looking for a hybrid arrangement, where they can work some of the time from home, some of the time from a space close to home and some of the time from their HQ.
- How have tenant needs changed over the past year or two?
- One of the most significant trends we’re seeing is an increase in membership deals, where our customers have access to our full network of over 3,500 locations globally.
- Mass vaccination is within reach. Do you think the good old days are coming back?
- You can only look forward and not back. We believe it will be a brighter future for the industry after the recent challenges of Covid.
Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Accept Recommended Settings
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
Analytical cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on its usage.
We use marketing cookies to help us improve the relevancy of advertising campaigns you receive.
Social Sharing Cookies
We use some social sharing plugins, to allow you to share certain pages of our website on social media.